[hobbit] New enable/disable tool ready for testing

Paul van Eldijk P.vanEldijk at uci.ru.nl
Thu Apr 14 16:31:45 CEST 2005

On Thursday 14 April 2005 15:53, Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> I've spent the past couple of days working on the enable/disable code,
> in an attempt to get rid of the maint.pl Perl script.

[snip]

> My solution works somewhat differently than the old "maint.pl" script:
> The enable/disable functionality is no longer a separate webpage
> listing all hosts; instead, this function is moved to each hosts'
> "info" column page. I did this because I have about 2000 hosts, so the
> list of all hosts was practically unusable in my setup. You can see
> how it looks on the demo site http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit/ - just pick
> one of the "info" buttons.

The problem with this sollution is, that everybody with acces to the
monitorpages can now enable/disable tests. We like to make information
available to all IT-staff, but the enabling/disabling is being done by
operations, based on RFC and calls. How to prevent others from
enabling/disabling in this new concept?

Paul