[hobbit] acks & maint.pl aren't working

Tom Georgoulias tgeorgoulias at mcclatchy.com
Tue Apr 12 20:59:06 CEST 2005

Henrik Stoerner wrote:

>>I'm getting the same "maint.pl: Use of uninitialized value..." error, but
>>the times don't correspond with my ack attempts.
>

> No, that's from the enable/disable script. I'm getting pretty fed up
> with maint.pl and Perl - it's on the "must rewrite" list now.

I think I have a fix now, thanks to a more perl knowledgable co-worker.
  Try replacing the regular expressions for lines 217 and 222 in
maint.pl with these:

if ($bbpagepath =~ /^([-_\/\@.]|\w)+$/)

if ($hostcookie =~ /^([-_\/\@.]|\w)+$/)

maint.pl is working for me now, but I haven't tested it extensively.

Tom