RSS Feeds

Taylor, Robert Robert.Taylor at HendrickAuto.com
Wed Apr 6 20:53:59 CEST 2005

All,

I just figured I would pass along some info in case anyone is looking to
integrate RSS feeds into local Intranets or other sources.  I added the
following line to the Header section of bb_header to create the live
bookmarks option in Mozilla.

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS"
href="$BBWEBHOST/hobbit/bb2.rss">

I also found this great PHP script to convert the RSS feed into HTML so
that we could easily port it into our Intranet.  Pretty handy for those
that don't want to write Javascript to do it.

http://www.feedforall.com/free-php-script.htm

It is called using pretty basic options in the URL.  Just point to the
.php file with XMLFILE="<URL to bb2.rss>  You can add the TEMPLATE
option to customize the look of the output.  It just looks into a
standard HTML file with a few identified variables for customization.
Pretty straightforward.

Sorry if this is a duplicate, just thought that I would share.

Robert