[hobbit] securing access

Taylor, Robert Robert.Taylor at HendrickAuto.com
Mon Apr 4 14:35:58 CEST 2005

There was a post a few days back with an LDAP configuration.  I was able to
change a few things around a get that to work with our MS Active Directory
to validate usernames/passwords for access on a RH EL 3.0 box.

Here is the config for my Apache server.  It effectively let's anyone access
from the internal 10.x.x.x network and then requires a valid
username/password for anyone accessing via the Web.

<Directory "/var/www/html">

    AllowOverride None

    Order Deny,Allow

    AuthType Basic

    AuthName "<Something to display in dialog>"

    AuthzLDAPEngine on

    AuthzLDAPServer <IP Address of LDAP Server>:389

    AuthzLDAPUserKey sAMAccountName

    AuthzLDAPBindDN <valid LDAP Username for binding to server>

    AuthzLDAPBindPassword <LDAP password for username above>

    AuthzLDAPUserBase dc=<something>,dc=<something .com, .local, .net etc.>

    AuthzLDAPUserScope subtree

    Deny from all

    Satisfy any

    Require valid-user

    Allow from 10.

</Directory>

Standard disclaimer would be that I am no Apache expert and this took me
FOREVER to get working right, but it seems to be okay now.

Robert

  _____