[hobbit] securing access

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Apr 4 10:20:28 CEST 2005

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 12:28:48AM -0700, David Garaway wrote:

> Does anyone know how to lock the whole hobbit page down? I have a
> friend that would like to be able to get to the page from anywhere
> but wants something like htaccess. Before I started mucking around
> with apache to try to get this working I thought I would see if
> anyone has done this.

The etc/hobbit-apache.conf file in the default setup includes two
sections for the Hobbit webpages and CGI's - one of them (for the
administrator CGI's) uses a htaccess controlled login setup. So you
can use that as the template. It essentialy boils down to adding these
statements to your <Directory ...> section for the Hobbit webpages:

    AuthUserFile /etc/hobbit/hobbitpasswd
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "Hobbit Administration"
    Require valid-user