[hobbit] A few hobbit problems

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Apr 4 07:55:29 CEST 2005

On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 06:32:22PM -0400, Schwimmer, Eric E *HS wrote:

> When I include any one of the following three lines in my bb-hosts file:
> 137.54.102.2   healthsystem.virginia.edu # http://healthsystem.virginia.edu/
> 137.54.102.2   healthsystem.virginia.edu # http://healthsystem.virginia.edu=137.54.102.2/
> 137.54.102.2   healthsystem.virginia.edu # http://137.54.102.2/
>
> The bbgen process seems to hang.  The 'healthsystem.virginia.edu'
> page fails to appear in the appropriate menu.  None of the menu
> pages update, although individual test pages (such as a conn test
> for a switch) update appropriately.

> Furthermore, the bbgen test for my hobbit server sends this message:
> - Program crashed
> Fatal signal caught!

This is a sure sign of the "bbgen" task crashing while generating the
new webpages. You should find a core file from it in the
~hobbit/server/tmp/ directory (or occasionally in ~hobbit/data/logs/),
so do the same thing that you did with the eventlog problem:

    cd ~hobbit/server
    gdb bin/bbgen tmp/core
    gdb> bt

and send me the output.