Re: [xymon] beta3 ping test

In <4CF42BA4.7090309 (at) logicaltech.com.au> Roland Soderstrom <rolands (at) logicaltech.com.au> writes:

>I installed the beta3 in my test env. and conn is always red for all
>hosts. (all Solaris 9/10)
>I choose to use Solaris /usr/sbin/ping as the "FPING" bin when I
>conf/compiled, nothing complained.
>Running manually works OK.

You cannot just use any "ping" tool - it has to be xymonping- or
fping-compatible. The default Solaris "ping" is not.

Xymon expects a ping tool that will accept a list of IP-adresses
to check on stdin, and writes the result on stdout in the form
  172.16.10.100 is alive (0.03 ms)
or
  172.16.10.38 is unreachable