TRACKMAX feature in 4.3.0b3 - help/info wanted

First,  thanks for the new release!

I ask for more detail and maybe procedural examples to the TRACKMAX feature. Built-in TRACKMAX is something I hope will solve the beating I've been taking.

QUESTIONS:

-"This only works for the NCV backend" .... does this mean only the addition client tests we add, not the CPU/Mem/vmstat built-ins ? -Do we have to loop through out RRD files and resize, it it advisable to do so? (I'm thinking I should) -Do we have to loop through our RRD files and mod settings to match/sync with TRACKMAX settings?

The referenced link to a note and discussion don't work, but I did find some discussions, and sorry to say I wouldn't be able to figure out what to do from them. My goal is to have 60days of detailed data without too much granularity loss or smoothing. I got space and plenty of horsepower. Anything to get the suits off my back about the "bad data" (their words!).

Thanks,

-Steve