[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [hobbit] Display Cached Memory
- To: hobbit (at) hswn.dk
- Subject: Re: [hobbit] Display Cached Memory
- From: Ralph Mitchell <ralphmitchell (at) gmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 18:03:45 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=+G7j9Gu3+R9uZE1m/HnesiNEhE23rFsZbS3tNiw49qM=; b=oGIPkvNkFz3IGV4wp3pNwPYCdYs13M1WOncezA4VQ/X5DL5ZQtG8cRJhuu/ChmSpNz 8FOtBdSkHQBEwO+uVLWlqbJst4a0yIUfxia4Jb67D2MsMSyNkNfjpXzrnjctIceBY8b1 gkvWw2gb1nJu8AHPG7M1oVTiDLrSij22mB7+o=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=jxIXKM8Kc5wuESq1LSH5xT9/Zm7P12hCPxelwtDdSxuk8C3uXPu21I3dRDoJGjZWXP NLNtUZUSJx/W3ss6XVnnwyco1sHKB9DMX5VPbF27UKkSiIsIyQA1XIXdR1IBEVswd7iQ gGdMvw4X/rXPBAm74cpWo6citXtBPdXjB05MA=
- References: <d401dbf1002191149n6722c01cy75ba8f3ba5919b50 (at) mail.gmail.com> <997a524e1002191743h75e21753i5c1e59665cc53107 (at) mail.gmail.com> <d401dbf1002221358s1305c699i4666ec88b2a23c61 (at) mail.gmail.com>
OK, but you could do a custom test that would include physical, actual,
swapped and cached all in one lump. Yes, that reinvents part of the wheel,
but you can do it with Xymon as it currently stands. You wouldn't need to
wait on someone patching Xymon to include cached memory.
On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Jonathan B. Horen <jbhoren (at) alaska.edu>wrote:
> Not exactly. We're not looking for a *custom* test; rather, we want cached
> memory to be *added* to the current display/graphs of physical, actual,
> and swapped. Really wouldn't make much sense to have cached memory dealt
> with apart from the rest.
> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 4:43 PM, Ralph Mitchell <ralphmitchell (at) gmail.com>wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 2:49 PM, Jonathan B. Horen <jbhoren (at) alaska.edu>wrote:
>>> Has anyone patched Xymon so that cached memory is displayed together with
>>> real, actual, and swap?
>>> We have need of this (cluster compute nodes), and were wondering what it
>>> would take to do so.
>> Custom tests really don't require patching Xymon. As long as you have a
>> method for extracting whatever information you wish to monitor, you can
>> report it to Xymon. You can see plenty of examples of custom code here: