dbcheck.pl undo tablespace and memory check

Hi

I use the hobbit extension script dbcheck.pl for checking my oracle
databases. Now for the first time one of my databases gets a tablespace
full warning on the undo tablespace. dbcheck.pl says undotablespace is
filled up to 99%. But Enterprise Manager says it's only 75%.

Further analysis shows that indeed dba_free_space is up to 99%. As I
understand this, it does not make sense to check dba_free_space for undo
tablespaces because dba_free_space only shows the free data at the end of
a datafile, not the free blocks in the middle of the files (maybe this is
also tru with tablespaces containing BLOBs).

So I think it would be more sensefull to ignore undo tablespaces in the
tablespace check, therefor dbcheck has the undo-check. How can I filter
out all the undo tablespaces without knowing their exact names in general.
BTW: in the graph section of the tablespace-checks the undo tablespaces
are missing already, why?

Another problem is the MemReq-check. It shows the sum of all errors since
the beginning of time. I think this is more a database issue, but how can
I clear the counter if I think I have repaired the cause?

Thank you

Thorsten Erdmann

If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you for your cooperation.