Re: [hobbit] service restart

Hi,

Here's a short excerpt from Matthew Moldvan's email addressed to myself from
a few days ago. This should be of help to you. Basically, try passing on the
alert by hand and see if you don't have any STOP or IGNORE statements for
the host or alert that match before your alerting rule.

--- cut here ---
A few very useful ways I recently found to test the regular expressions with
xymon are the pcretest and hobbitd_client command.

-bash-3.2$ pcretest
PCRE version 6.6 06-Feb-2006

  re> /^asd$/
data> asdf
No match
data> asd
 0: asd

[root (at) zenls01h ~]# su - xymon
-bash-3.2$ ./server/bin/bbcmd hobbitd_client --test
2010-02-06 19:39:42 Using default environment file
/usr/lib64/xymon/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
Hostname (.=end, ?=dump, !=reload) []:

From there you can try out the host name that's not matching up as well as
the test.
--- and here ---