From: Mirko Vogt [mailto:lists (at) nanl.de]
Sent: Tuesday, 18 November 2008 12:11 AM
To: hobbit (at) hswn.dk
Subject: [hobbit] configure dependencies: supress triggered actions, when another action is triggered before?

Hey,

first - thanks for such an easy to use monitoring-tool!
Anyway, I've a a little issue which is really bothering me.
We have physical servers and virtual servers (vmware / xen) installed on them.
When a physical server is not reachable (reset, blackout, etc.) all virtual-servers and services installed on them are not reacheable, too.
In such a case I'm getting over 50 SMS and even more emails, because we're monitoring each service running in our network.
Is there a way to configure dependencies? Such, "ping on virtual-server x, ping on virtual-server y, ssh on virtual-server z" depends on "ping physical-server foo", so that if the ping-test on the physical-server <foo> fails, all other actions, which depend on that, are suppressed?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Have a nice day,

mirko

To unsubscribe from the hobbit list, send an e-mail to hobbit-unsubscribe (at) hswn.dk

NOTICE: This email and any attachments are confidential.
They may contain legally privileged information or
copyright material. You must not read, copy, use or
disclose them without authorisation. If you are not an
intended recipient, please contact us at once by return
email and then delete both messages and all attachments.