Re: [hobbit] GSM modem with Hobbit on RedHat

On Monday 10 November 2008, Everett, Vernon wrote:
> Hi all
>
> We are currently looking at getting a GSM modem for sending SMS messages
> directly. Has anybody on the list implemented a similar solution?
> What GSM modem did you use?
siemens m20 (old, serial attached) + smsd.
I use smsd with the data stored in a mysql database.  Sending a message is
inserting an entry in the database.  This is also a simple mail2sms gateway:
mails are delivered and inserted in the database with a simple perl script.

> What was your experience?
Not 1 problem in the last 5 years.

I'm also using sms over fixed line (hardware: x100p and spa3102).  This works
flawless, but I can not send an sms to an other country :(

Stef