RE: [hobbit] Solaris clients don't report

Hi Brian,

In this instance telnet is being used to see if a port is open, it does
not require the telnetd daemon to be running on any server.

If you telnet from your Hobbit client to your Hobbit server on port 1984
( $ telnet 10.0.0.1 1984 ) and you get an error like "connection
refused" then the client can probably reach the server but the Hobbit
daemon is not listening on port 1984 on that machine.

If you perform that same command and the connection times out after a
few minutes then the packets are usually being dropped at a firewall
somewhere.

If, however, you perform that command and you get something like
"Connected to ...
Escape character is '^'.
" then the network is set up fine, the remote Hobbit server is up and
running and your client is able to talk to it, so you need to start
looking at problems with the Hobbit configuration.

HTH

|\/|artin