[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [hobbit] setting up multiple servers
- To: hobbit (at) hswn.dk
- Subject: Re: [hobbit] setting up multiple servers
- From: "J. Bobby Lopez" <bobby.lopez (at) gmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 16:50:09 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:reply-to :to:subject:mime-version:content-type; bh=WQA+wMaULiLZLa09lenxckgVxlSsOK/Eg7guFnzQUTo=; b=WJA3cgKZCIxVxq2JZEdanqz1mVZRMy9TnZSNUbenCMKFU1NbtquPHfWMHDc2D8RJEm w8u/m87rAvLxp/PP6CPzWCAzXtqyo98VFZ1q+QieHp2wJzRm3YCLnFsGP/T5vvUzNv6A rU9uAhaCGENmcQi9XxmPMGG+wlxFprEtAvewQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:mime-version:content-type; b=PXOpOEA+eAT+gZFIR18oR5PwlJozkfQgyzae/tNTWC2WEMxmiMZGQBYTZhJprdb5ie nAbZq7FJE0fh1IvsOX3IwWMFCctEjFkUeM/V0nLWmQyfHOex/hi5Zcac1DuHFH+s4Eh5 zhynz7lkufQxjggTZ57FYGKBixYYu1EC3GUC0=
I guess with Hobbit 4.2.0, there is no 'etc/hobbitclient.cfg', as it
has been replaced by 'hobbit-clients.cfg' ?
When I configure my two Hobbit servers as discussed below, I see that
there is only one server which lists the 'hobbitd' service. The other
one ishows ' - '.
Is this normal? Is the general idea that if both Hobbit servers are
in-sync, that 'hobbitd' on a per-system basis is irrelevant, and so it
only shows one?
On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 10:40:06AM +0200, Stephane Caminade wrote:
> I m a bit unclear as to the syntax used for the BBDISPLAYS variable.
> If I want to set up 2 servers, for redundancy, I set BBDISP to 0.0.0.0,
> but what is used for separating the servers in BBDISPLAYS ? Just a
> blank, a comma, ... ?
> And on the replicated servers, I guess that I have to modify both
> server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg and client/etc/hobbitclient.cfg with those
> same settings ?
Correct. Especially, make sure your clients are configured to send data
to both servers.
J. Bobby Lopez