Re: [hobbit] Debugging help: bbtest-net gets http test timing wrong

I get that wget/curl always work.  Not sure what resolver settings may be implemented differently for hobbit.

Still thinking this may be unrelated to hobbit (even though wget/curl work fine for you). We have many apache boxes spanning multiple networks running httpd versions 1.3, 2.0 and 2.2 that hobbit(4.2 with allinone patch) likes just fine and reports accurate times (Seconds: 0.nn). We also have fairly proper forward and reverse DNS records for the systems involved.

I can't imagine hobbit parsing the wrong response times, but if that is the case I wonder what external libraries are used (not hobbit provided libs, as ours parse fine and are likely the same as yours).

Anyway, good luck with the tcpdump.

Regards,

Tim

Alan Sparks wrote:
UseCanonicalName is off, and HostNameLookup is off, on every server, regardless of version.
-Alan

Tim McCloskey wrote:
What do you have for
UseCanonicalName