Re: [hobbit] Graphs missing titles and data points

Ralph Mitchell wrote:
On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 12:23 PM, Moby <moby (at) mobsternet.com <mailto:moby (at) mobsternet.com>> wrote:

    I am running three different Hobbit servers at three different
    sites and all work great except one.
    On the one not running great, I see everything fine except that
    all graphs are missing titles and lables along grid lines.  Other
    than this missing text on the graphs, the graphs show the data fine.
    For the life of me I cannot figure out the difference between this
    misbehaving installation of Hobbit and the other two that are
    working great.  Could anyone offer any hints as to where to look?

If it's only text missing, you might want to check that the server has the same fonts installed as on the other two servers.

You could also try manually generating the graphs and see if rrdtool complains about anything. For example, I have Hobbit on a Gentoo server called lorien, so I can generate the cpu load graph manually like this:

     rrdtool graph /var/www/localhost/htdocs/la.png \
         "DEF:avg=/home/hobbit/data/rrd/lorien/la.rrd:la:AVERAGE" \
         "CDEF:la=avg,100,/" \
         "AREA:la#00CC00:CPU Load Average"

rrdtool responds with "481x168" which is the pixel size of the image generated. I can then load that image in a browser at http://localhost/la.png. The DEF, CDEF & AREA lines come from the server/etc/hobbitgraph.cfg file.

Ralph Mitchell
Many thanks Ralph, running rrdtool like you mention showed it barfing about a missing dejavu font. After installing the dejavu fonts package, it works perfectly. Thanks again,

--
--Moby

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.  -- Benjamin Franklin