Devmon device support, Cross post between lists

Hello,

Chiming in on some info on Devmon. While primarily targeted to the Devmon list, it may be useful to hobbit/devmon users who don't subscribe to that list.

The cisco-7206 template works perfectly fine on a Cisco 7500. I'm sure it works on a 7200 as well. I also have an old 7000 here, but I don't want to boot it up to test. Anyway, it may be in the best interest to rename 7206 to 7200, and just copy its templates to a 7500 folder, or genericly rename the whole thing cisco-7000.

Also, there is a typo in the USING doc:

http://devmon.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/devmon/trunk/docs/USING?revision=3&view=markup

This line is listed:
	DEVMON:tests(cpu),thresh(cpu;CPUTotal5Min;y=50;r=90)

But it should be:
	DEVMON:tests(cpu),thresh(cpu;CPUTotal5Min;y:50;r:90)

It's correct in the details furter down the page, but the equal symbols should be colons near the top when it first mentions thresh().

Lastly, and this is very minor, Devmon doesn't properly detect administratively down interfaces in all cases. On one router, I am using subinterfaces as follows:

GigabitEthernet0/2
GigabitEthernet0/2.1
GigabitEthernet0/2.2
GigabitEthernet0/2.3
..etc..

If I shut down Gi0/2, 'sh ip int br' shows its subinterfaces administratively down, but devmon doesn't detect that- one has to go into each subinterface and shut them down as well. It does appear that the OID that checks admin status (.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.7) does indeed say up, which is why it's showing red:

ifAdminStatus.89 = INTEGER: up(1)

I couldnt find any alternate OID to report ifAdminStatus, so short of putting in code to check parent interface status, it probably couldn't be considered a bug, but I thought I'd mention it.

--Chris