Re: [hobbit] Hobbit client executing a script to be proactive if a problem occurs?

Chris Wopat wrote:
Haertig, David F (Dave) wrote:
Here is how I execute a remote "pkill" on a client.  Replace
"client_server" with your client hostname, and replace "client_userid"
with the userid (on the client) that you want to run the script (pkill)
under.  Also, set up ssh pubkey authentication between the Hobbit server
and client so that ssh does not prompt you for a password.

hobbit_alerts.cfg:

<snip>

Thanks, this is exactly what I needed to get started. I can un-wrap the lines no problem, only a few were anyway.

I'm assuming you're using ssh keys? My current hobbit server installation (from FreeBSD ports) has no home dir set, so it looks like I'll have to set one to store its side of the keys.

d'oh, I just realized you already wrote that in oyur original reply. I've got everything set up, now to wait for it to go red!

--Chris