Alternate alerting

Hello all
I have read the section that describes "If e-mail is not enough" that talks about sending an SMS message or something else but there is no explanation of what generates the actual connection. There is a reference to "/usr/local/bin/smsalert" but this does not exist. Do I have to first find, install, and configure some sort of SMS alert program? If so, can someone suggest one? Also, can Hobbit send a page to a traditional paging carrier? If so, how is that done?

Thanks

kevin