Remove purple without dropping host

Hi all,

our servers are reporting to hobbit using virtual hostnames. For some reasons not all names report all the time. So once a host is not sending information, hobbit turns this test or host to "purple". Up to now I always dropped the host/test then, but so all historical information gets lost. Normal disable is no option as we nether know how long a hostname want be used (it may be a long time). Is there a way of turnijng of purple/disabling a host permanently without loosing its data?

Thanks
Rolf

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Rolf Schrittenlocher

HRZ/BDV, Senckenberganlage 31, 60054 Frankfurt Tel: (49) 69 - 798 28908 Fax: (49) 69 - 798 28817
LBS: lbs-f (at) mlist.uni-frankfurt.de
Persoenlich: schritte (at) rz.uni-frankfurt.de