BBWin Preview 0.4 available

Hello Everyone,

As I told you on March 1th, I publish today the first preview of BBWin, a
free Big Brother Hobbit windows client.

You can download the MSI installer of this preview from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/bbwin

The preview contains the following stuffs:

* The executable BBWin: it is the native service in charge of executing the
agents

* The executable BBWinCmd : it is a command line utility to send messages to
an hobbit server

* The Externals agent dll: it is an agent in charge of executing all your
existing BB scripts or executables

* The Procs agent dll : it is an agent in charge of checking running
processes

* The Uptime agent dll: it will monitor uptime of the server including an
alarm if reboot recently. It was interesting to separate this alarm from cpu
column.

* The external wlbs.vbs: monitor wlbs (nlb) windows clusters

* The external cluster.exe: monitor mscs windows clusters

* The agents SDK: contains an example and the necessary headers to develop
your own C++ BBWin agents

After installing the BBWin package, please read the Readme.txt file to
understand its working. It is located in C:\Program Files\BBWin\doc if you
installed it by default.

I'm currently working on the most important agents: I mean cpu, memory, and
disk. I try to get the best ideas from the existing bbnt and also from the
Henrik hobbit unix client. These agents will have 2 working modes: One mode
with local configuration where status are decided by the BBWin agent (used
for back compatibily) and a hobbit full mode where the agents will report
only data with green status as the hobbit unix client, the final status will
be determined via the hobbit server depending your monitoring rules (Henrik,
I will email you soon about that because I would like to be sure to
implement it correctly).So, the next preview release should get them (will
try to deliver it for April 3th). Also, in the next weeks, I will work to
improve the BBWin core service to fortify it. So, all your feedbacks about
BBWin behavior are important to me. You can post bugs reports, features
requests on the sourceforge website, if submit doesn't works, email me
directly with bbwin in the mail subject.

To finish, this preview version is only intended for tests purpose. In spite
of all my tests on it, it can still have some bugs. So, please be merciful
with me if you find bugs :), I have more experience in Unix development, but
my try on Windows doesn't look too bad for the moment :)

So, I hope you will enjoy my small program even if everything is not perfect
and not finished for the moment.

--
Etienne