Well.. I got a Windows client.. sort of...

Hi:

I managed to get the hobbit client working on Cygwin. In a way there it is a way to have some basic monitoring on windows boxes. Perhaps with some scripts and connections to COM components, something interesting could be done in this setup, like talking to Outlook and get tasks and such.

The only caveat is that the server does not have a trap to handle cygwin hosts, hence my hair pulling for the past few days. I worked it around by spoofing the server by changing the reported operating system on the client from cygwin to linux and then changing the linux script to be cygwin friendly.

Regards,

Luis