Re: [hobbit] Monitor/graph multiple interfaces with Hobbit?

The thing you want requires SMNP get for all the interfaces you want to monitor. Now if you do not want the use MTRG for getting this then you must write an extention script that does the snmpget by itself and then report this back to hobbit.

If you would consider MRTG I see from the list and docs that you will be havin hobbit scheduling the mrtg runs and the rrds created from this would then be presented in hobbit graphs.

/thomas/

Jeremy Worrells wrote:
Greetings.

I am a newcomer to hobbit. I find it to be a very exciting project, but I cannot figure out how to perform a vital function. We currently have dozens of RRD databases and CGI scripts creating graphs on those RRDs. We also run BB for network health monitoring. I would like to combine the two using hobbit, but I am not sure how to go about it.

Here's what I want to do: have a "traffic" monitor in hobbit that tracks any number of interfaces on a firewall or router. It would alert on a certain traffic threshold and would provide RRD graphs of the interfaces. I would like to avoid MRTG if at all possible.

Is this kind of arbitrary RRD graphing/alerting available in hobbit? I've been through the docs and don't see anything.

Thanks in advance.

Jeremy Worrells

--
Jeremy Worrells