[Xymon] Trends graph limit

Jeremy Laidman jeremy at laidman.org
Sat Jun 1 00:27:28 CEST 2024

Weird flex, I know, but we have trends pages exceeding 100 graphs. One pair
of hosts has 144 graphs each.

The code has no constraint on the number of graphs. The limitations are
likely to be memory on the server and the client.

The fix we applied here (described in my post last August) has been
entirely successful in preventing the core dump. At the time, JC asked for
a core dump to confirm the fault/fix, but I haven't been able to provide
this due to my workload and other things going on around me at the time.
It's non-trivial for me to arrange for another core dump at this time.

On Sat, 1 Jun 2024 at 06:27, Mario <rower.master at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Tom,
>
> I think I have the same issue described by Jeremy here
> https://lists.xymon.com/archive/2023-August/048118.html and replied by JC
> here https://lists.xymon.com/archive/2023-September/048122.html
> In my old Xymon server version I have no issues with trends column.
>

> Thanks & regards,
> Mario
>

> On Thu, May 30, 2024 at 9:25 PM Tom Schmidt <tom at 4schmidts.com> wrote:
>
>> Mario,
>>     I don't see any such limit, as my xymon server has 27 graphs under
>> its trends.
>>
>> Tom Schmidt
>>
>> On Thu, May 30, 2024 at 5:05 PM Mario <rower.master at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello All,
>>>
>>> Do trends column have a limitation in number of graphs to load?
>>> I can see that is stopping after loading 21 graphs.
>>> Is it configurable?
>>>
>>> My Xymon version is 4.3.30
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>

>>> Br,