[Xymon] Restricting access to disable/acknowledge etc

Axel Beckert abe at deuxchevaux.org
Mon Feb 27 12:00:40 CET 2023

Hi Neil.

On Mon, Feb 27, 2023 at 10:54:54AM +0000, Neil Simmonds wrote:
> As far as I can see this is done through the <Directory "/usr/share/xymon/cgi-secure"> part of the httpd.conf (or on my new server Xymon.conf in /etc/httpd/conf.d )

Sounds fitting.

> I've got the conf set like the below which is the same as the working system, the /etc/xymon/ xymonpasswd file exists, is owned by apache user and had 64- permissions as required yet I'm not getting prompted for the password when I disable a test? Am I missing something?
[…]
>     <IfModule mod_authz_core.c>
>         # Apache 2.4+
>         Require all granted
>     </IfModule>
>     <IfModule !mod_authz_core.c>
>         Order allow,deny
>         Allow from all
>     </IfModule>

I suspects that the above, especially the "Require all granted" (which
is Apache-ish for "let everyone in") overrides the following:

>     <RequireAll>
[…]
>       Require valid-user
[…]
>     </RequireAll>

Just remove the two <IfModule> blocks and you're probably fine.
(Assuming that Apache 2.4.x is in use.)

		Kind regards, Axel
--
PGP: 2FF9CD59612616B5      /~\  Plain Text Ribbon Campaign, http://arc.pasp.de/