[Xymon] red.html generation

Hill, Michael Michael.Hill at pta.wa.gov.au
Tue Nov 1 00:52:29 CET 2022

Excellent use of the word “crikey”.

From: Xymon <xymon-bounces at xymon.com> On Behalf Of John Thurston
Sent: Friday, 28 October 2022 12:42 AM
To: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: Re: [Xymon] red.html generation

Crikey, I didn't even know there was a specifically-named red.html page . . and I've been poking at xymon/bb for a couple of decades. I guess that shows how often I look in that directory.

Reading in source, it looks to me like this is triggered in xymongen.c, as a special type of PAGE_NONGREEN (there, in line 664):

    659         /* The full summary page - nongreen.html */
    660         if (do_nongreen) {
    661                 nongreen_color = do_nongreen_page(nssidebarfilename, PAGE_NONGREEN, "nongreen");
    662                 nongreencolors = (nongreencolors & ~(1 << COL_YELLOW));
    663                 nongreencolors = (nongreencolors & ~(1 << COL_PURPLE));
    664                 nongreen_color = do_nongreen_page(nssidebarfilename, PAGE_NONGREEN, "red");
    665                 add_timestamp("Non-green page generation done");
    666         }

and do_nongreen_page is defined in pagegen.c

   1128 int do_nongreen_page(char *nssidebarfilename, int summarytype, char *filenamebase)

So if you don't want this page to be generated, you're going to have to modify xymongen. And it appears that red.html is going to be controlled by exactly the same things which control nongreen.html

John Thurston    907-465-8591

John.Thurston at alaska.gov<mailto:John.Thurston at alaska.gov>

Department of Administration

State of Alaska