[Xymon] Odd back button behavior in Firefox

John Horne john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Wed Jan 12 15:39:09 CET 2022

On Wed, 2022-01-12 at 08:18 -0500, Robert Herron wrote:
> I'm having odd behavior with Mozilla Firefox's back button while viewing
> Xymon tests.  This started somewhat recently but I don't recall when I first
> noticed it.
>
> Navigating to the test page is fine.  If I view the test then immediately use
> the back button, Firefox goes back to the page/subpage.  If I stay on the
> page for subsequent refreshes, I have to hit the back button once per refresh
> that happens.  If I stay on the page long enough, the back button history
> fills and I can no longer use the back button to get to the page/subpage.

Interesting issue :-) I have just tried this with Firefox 95.0.2. The FF
'sessionhistory' setting is set at 50 by default. So leaving a Xymon test page
refreshing for a while I found that I had to hit the back button 46 times to
get to the original page. Needless to say if I left it a bit longer, then I too
would not have been able to get back to the original page using the back
button.

In our case we only have a main page listing the hosts/tests, no sub-pages and
the like. So to get back from a test page is easy enough anyway.

John.

--
John Horne | Senior Operations Analyst | Technology and Information Services
University of Plymouth | Drake Circus | Plymouth | Devon | PL4 8AA | UK

This email and any files with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the recipient to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient then copying, distribution or other use of the information contained is strictly prohibited and you should not rely on it. If you have received this email in error please let the sender know immediately and delete it from your system(s). Internet emails are not necessarily secure. While we take every care, University of Plymouth accepts no responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan emails and their attachments. University of Plymouth does not accept responsibility for any changes made after it was sent. Nothing in this email or its attachments constitutes an order for goods or services unless accompanied by an official order form.