[Xymon] OK, this is weird VERY persistent red test

Bruce Ferrell bferrell at baywinds.org
Wed Jan 12 06:57:55 CET 2022

I changed the IP address of a gateway I was testing connectivity for.

I'm showing a red test fail now... At the old IP address.

I removed the gateway from the hosts.cfg file and restarted xymon

the gateway went away as expected.

I re-added the gateway with the new address.

the gateway came back as expected.  On the next cycle the connection test went red... With the old IP address.

I used this command to clear the data

./server/bin/xymon 127.0.0.1 "drop <gateway>"

restart xymon

test comes back red... With the old IP address?!

My xymon installation is 4.3.30 built from source and it's been running a VERY long time with very little issue.

What am I missing?