[Xymon] Can Xymon alert for a missing disk on windows

me at tdiehl.org me at tdiehl.org
Thu Apr 28 19:53:52 CEST 2022

Hi,

Resending this as I sent it from the wrong address and figured it would get
moderated.

Sorry for the duplicate message.

On Wed, 20 Apr 2022, David Boyer wrote:

> Try setting it up for a file to exist on the drive.  If the drive goes
> offline, the file will become non-existent and should alert.

That sounds like a great idea, however I cannot for the life of me get Xymon
to see any files. The msgs column just stays clear.

I have added the following to client-local.cfg:
[host=fs1.mydomain.com]
file:D:\Canary_DO_NOT_Delete.txt

as well as "FILE D:\Canary_DO_NOT_Delete.txt" to analysis.cfg file.

I also see the following in the powershell client log:
2022-04-28 12:57:38.030  Connecting to host XX.XX.XX.178
2022-04-28 12:57:38.061  Sent 112 bytes to server
2022-04-28 12:57:38.265  Received 0 bytes from server
2022-04-28 12:57:38.265  XymonProcessRuntimeCheck finished

Based on the above it looks like the Xymon server is not sending the client-local
data to the client. Is there something I need to do to get Xymon to send the
client-local data to the client or am I missing something else?

Tom			me at tdiehl.org