[Xymon] Can Xymon alert for a missing disk on windows

me at tdiehl.org me at tdiehl.org
Wed Apr 20 21:16:10 CEST 2022

Hi Christian,

On Tue, 19 Apr 2022, Becker Christian wrote:

> Tom,
>

> the following should do it for you: try to include the disks of the mentioned windows server in analysis.cfg with the needed options, even if they already show up in the disk section.
>
> Example:
>
> HOST=WINDOWSSERVER
> 	DISK   C   85   90
> 	DISK   D   55   70
>
> (Pls note that changes like this could take some minutes before they are reflected by xymon.)
>
> Now xymon knows that you explicitly want to know about these disks. You can verify this if you add a disk in this section that doesn't exist on the windows server: after a couple of minutes, xymon should report this disk as red in the disk section.

I cannot get the above to work.

I have a file in analysis.d with the following in it:
HOST=fs1.mydomain.com
     DISK C 90 95
     DISK D 93 95
This was there when the D drive went offline and Xymon never alerted.

To test further, I dropped the warning for the D drive to 78 which is less than
the current usage of 79% and I added the below.
     DISK z 93 95
What I found was the D drive went yellow as expected but the Z drive is ignored
as it does not exist.

I am running 4.3.30 from the Terebithia rpms.

Any other suggestions?

Tom			me at tdiehl.org