[Xymon] SMTP checks

Ian Diddams didds3 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 29 12:18:19 CEST 2021

 I also can see from the maillog that when the smtp check occurs

Sep 29 11:05:01 oscar postfix/smtpd[27269]: connect from unknown[x.x.x.x]
Sep 29 11:05:01 oscar postfix/smtpd[27269]: improper command pipelining after MAIL from unknown [x.x.x.x]Sep 29 11:05:01 oscar postfix/smtpd[27269]: disconnect from unknow [x.x.x.x]

so obviously the smtp check is sending something postfix doesnt like/handle.  That isnt a bhiggy in itself - bgut it nojw makes me wonder out of curiosity exactly what the logic of  the smtp check is..

I also tried Jeremy's example of "ehlo xymonnet\r\nquit\r\n" in protocols.cfg - that also has the same warning/error in maillog

 improper command pipelining after EHLO from unknown[x.x.x.x]

all jolly wierd,....
ian