[Xymon] [External] Monitor Windows service if installed

Tom Schmidt tom at 4schmidts.com
Tue Oct 12 00:25:18 CEST 2021

Colin,
  An example from what I use to monitor that the Xymon Powershell
Client service is running, I have this in the server/etc/analysis.cfg
file:

# Windows Powershell client - WinPSClient
CLASS=powershell
        SVC     XymonPSClient startup=automatic status=%(start|started)

If the XymonPSClient service is not running or is not configured to
automatically start, then the alert for the service will be red.  If
the service is not installed, it likewise will go red.

Tom