[Xymon] ports check for a VIP...

Ian Diddams didds3 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 4 10:25:12 CEST 2021

>It will not spawn any reports or alarm, as long as one of them is green,
>everything is fine. So in your case, there would be three statuses:

>1) overall status of this check: green if one is green
>2) system A red or green
>3) system B reg or green

>There are no alarms as long as one of them is green.
well having set it up, the combo test is green indeed - but the two servfers that make up the combo test are shwoing

* one green (as the port check is green as mysqld is runnoing on that system)
* one red  (as the port check is red as mysqld is runnoing on that system)

So  we do get a red showing that the monitoring team will respond to. I cant make it "clear" as there are other procs and ports being checked that do need a red if alerting.

so unfortunately it doesnt seem to be the solution - but I do appreciate the attem[pt to help :-)
cheers
ian