ports check for a VIP...

Ian Diddams didds3 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 1 14:15:03 CEST 2021

we have a HA mysql db cluster that runs with a VIP (drbd, pacemaker, corosync)

we want a ports check for 3306 - but if we configure it for the two systems in the cluster one of them will always be red as its the slave and not running mysqld (it only runs on the master).

the clear alternative is to somehow run a 3306 check on the VIP...  but the VIP itself is only an IP in hosts.cfg (so we can conn check its existence etc) and so isnt a client sending reports back to the server.

any hints as to how we can acheive such a test ?