[Xymon] SMTP checks

Lars Kollstedt lk at man-da.de
Fri Oct 1 10:57:39 CEST 2021

On Mittwoch, 29. September 2021 14:31:03 CEST Jeremy Laidman wrote:
> read(3, "220 <servername> ESMTP Postfix\r\n221 2.0.0 Bye\r\n", 4095) = 60
> close(3)
>
> The "ehlo string" was completely ignored, and was not sent to the mail
> server.

Hi Jeremy,

The message above is also what I'm seeing in the Xymon message, and you are
right. There is of course no output from the EHLO response.

This change avoids the log message on the mailserver, but the xymon server
only sends quit, and looks at the initial greeting banner. Which is still
better than nothing. But doesn´t he with the other configurations? And
probably I could leave the ehlo simply away.

The piplining log messages are thrown on the mailserver because the xymon
server sends multiple commands on the same time. But if you are sending only
ehlo the Mailserver will complain about inpropperly closed sessions.

Kind regards
	Lars

--
Lars Kollstedt