[Xymon] check validity of ssl certificates (without http-status?)

Marvin Stark ms at compositiv.com
Tue Mar 23 16:22:48 CET 2021

Hey list,

I'm monitoring a lot of hosts, websites and services with xymon and most
things are running well. Currently I'm searching for a solution to only
monitor the validity of ssl certificates, currently i do this with the
HTTP check which does not fit in all of my cases.

Example line in hosts.cfg:
<IP>  domain.tld # noconn https://domain.tld ssldays=30:7

The sslcert check is working but I always get a yellow http check when
the website does a redirect 301 for example. In this or many other cases
I don't care about the http-status because I only want to validate the
certificate and don't care about the application.

I've read along the manpages and didn't find any option to suppress the
http-check for this host, is there a built in function to do that or a
good workaround for my goal?

Currently I'm using Xymon Version: 4.3.28

Thanks for your help and tips.

Best Regards
Marvin
--
Compositiv GmbH
Hammer Deich 30

Geschäftsführer Matthias Krawen
Amtsgericht Hamburg - HRB 122540

USt.-IdNr: DE282432834

Es gelten ausschließlich unsere Servicebedingungen, die Sie unter
https://www.compositiv.com/servicebedingungen.pdf einsehen können

--

Datensicherung für Microsoft 365 - Damit Ihre Teams & Sharepoint - Daten
sicher sind.