[Xymon] Is Xymon Alive?

Bruce Ferrell bferrell at baywinds.org
Tue Jun 8 21:49:14 CEST 2021

Some of those are true... The Xymon server can tell the client to run
something IF the client has been pre-configured for it. I've never seen
a config that allowed sending code to the client (upgrades?) and I've
been using Xymon and it's predecessor, Big Brother, since 2000.  Are you
maybe referring to remote logfetch via ssh?

Out of the box, all of those "objections" for Xymon are true for Zabbix
as well.

Zabbix needs a MySQL instance set up to make it run too.

Nagios is just plain "fussy" with the same objections to encryption and
triple A.

I think we all know what happened when the "secure" labyrinth called
Solarwinds was breached.

My point is that simple is good.  Simple is in your control.

Your point John?