[Xymon] Is Xymon Alive?

Bruce Ferrell bferrell at baywinds.org
Tue Jun 8 19:54:42 CEST 2021

Zabbix has it's own set of technical setup/operations hurdles and
gotchas. While the possibility of outsourcing support for Zabbix is
there...

I'd point out the lesson of Solarwinds... Having someone else to blame
MAY leave you blind and open to catastrophe while feeling safe and
secure until you've fallen off the cliff.

Xymon since it's earliest days, has followed a KISS (keep it simple
stupid) principal.  Less to break that way.

The "worst", most technical thing I know about installing Xymon is
building from source (my preferred method), but just about any modern
Linux distro has binaries available.  The second "worst" thing is
editing text files to configure it.  There have been configuration tools
attempted, but to my knowledge, really gone nowhere.