question about analysis.cfg and central mode for windows clients

David Smith david.smith at renfrewshire.gov.uk
Wed Jun 2 17:08:18 CEST 2021

Hi

I am running Xymon server 4.3.30, and the vast majority of windows clients using BBwin, and trying xymonpsclient on a couple.

After advise from another users, I could successfully use central mode for services, which is ok for a couple of clients but then gets quite wieldy when it is going to be dozens.

I tried the following in analysis.cfg file

I created a regular expression for one pattern of hostnames, and then for the extra services that differ on certain servers, I added a specific host/service entry. This works fantastically well.

I then tried to add another regular expression for another pattern of hostnames, and would similarly try to add in exceptions.

This does not work, the machines with the new pattern are still being given the services list for the first pattern. What I also tried was removing the second regular expression and just have a specific host/service entry. That also does not work, as it still gets the original services list even though the hostname does not fit the pattern.

See below for excerpt from analysis.cfg

Does anyone have any idea how/if I can do what I am trying?

Regards

David Smith

##A regular expression here for all the generic stuff on one pattern of servers
HOSTS=s[cgjprst][abghlrm]as01
##stuff that is on all old app servers
#backupexec stuff
SVC BackupExecAgentAccelerator status=started startup=automatic
SVC BackupExecAgentBrowser status=started startup=automatic
SVC BackupExecDeviceMediaService  status=started startup=automatic
SVC BackupExecJobEngine    status=started startup=automatic

##a bit more refined here, to add extra services for specific hosts
HOST=schas01
SVC  SibeliusLicenceServerV6 status=started startup=automatic

HOST=sjhas01
SVC  SibeliusLicenceServerV7 status=started startup=automatic

######STUFF below here doesnt obey the pattern

##A regular expression here for generic stuff on another pattern of servers
HOSTS=[cgjprst][abghlrm]-as1
##stuff that is on all new servers
SVC BrokerInfrastructure status=started startup=automatic
SVC IISADMIN status=started startup=automatic
SVC UALSVC status=started startup=automatic
SVC W3SVC status=started startup=automatic
SVC VeeamDeploySvc status=started startup=automatic
SVC VeeamEndpointBackupSvc status=started startup=automatic
SVC VeeamTransportSvc status=started startup=automatic

HOST=ndo-as1
SVC  SibeliusLicenceServerV7 status=started startup=automatic

Renfrewshire Council Website -http://www.renfrewshire.gov.uk

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. Renfrewshire Council may, in accordance with the Telecommunications(Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000, intercept e-mail messages for the purpose of monitoring or keeping a record of communications on the Council's system. If a message contains inappropriate dialogue it will automatically be intercepted by the Council's Internal Audit section who will decide whether or not the e-mail should be onwardly transmitted to the intended recipient(s).