[Xymon] random errors with imaps/pop3s servers offering TLS 1.3

Lars Kollstedt lk at man-da.de
Tue Aug 10 14:46:39 CEST 2021

On Dienstag, 30. Juli 2019 15:40:42 CEST Laurent Frigault wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have found an issue when trying to monitor imaps and pop3s server
> offering TLS1.3 .
[...]
> For some strange reason, I can monitor a https web servers (running
> nginx or apache) offering TLS 1.3 without this issue but not
> imaps/pop3s.
>
> It looks like the https test is different from other ssl/tls tests and
> does not have the TLS 1.3 issue

Hello List,

this issue is also discussed in

https://www.mail-archive.com/debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org/msg1804680.html

and

https://salsa.debian.org/debian/xymon/-/merge_requests/1

at least contains an attempt to patch this.

I can also confirm this TLS 1.3 issue for ubuntu (currently 18.4 LTS bionic).
It affects all banner checks in combination with TLS 1.3.

Kind regards,
	Lars

--
Lars Kollstedt