Insert a newline into your custom xymon message?

Gabby Gibbons gabby.gibbons at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 24 15:16:18 CEST 2020

Hello,
I'm wondering if there's any way to insert a newline in a message. I know it's possible to do by actually putting it on another line in the script but I don't like the way that it looks because it messes up all the indenting in the script, so that's why I was wondering if there's a newline character that xymon supports, \n doesn't work it just append a literal "\n".
An example of the way I can get it to work, but looks bad:MSG="${MSG}appended text"
How I would like it work:MSG="${MSG}\nappended text"
Thanks