[Xymon] Making xymon.html update more frequently

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Fri Sep 18 18:10:33 CEST 2020

On 9/18/2020 4:51 AM, Eric Robert via Xymon wrote:
> II've noticed that sometimes I can click into a test and see that the
> status is something different than what is showing on the front page
> (xymon.html). The front page can take over a minute to update even if I
> can manually see that the status has changed already. Is there any way
> to make that front page update more frequently?

Xymon is not of this century. It works like a web app from the '90s, by
batch updates. Hit F5 all you want, and it still won't affect the
contents of the web page. If you want the contents of that page to
update more frequently, you need to run xymongen more frequently.

Look in your tasks.cfg and change the INTERVAL on xymongen

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Department of Administration
State of Alaska