[Xymon] Renaming default columns

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Fri Sep 4 22:34:51 CEST 2020

On 9/4/2020 9:22 AM, Eric.Robert at americansystems.com wrote:
> rename the default column names in Xymon

Can you be more specific?

The name of the 'conn' column is defined in the options for xymonnet.
 From the manual:
> The actual name of the tag - "conn" by default - depends on the
> "--ping=TESTNAME" option for xymonnet, as that decides the testname
> for the connectivity test.

I suspect that needs to align with a similar setting in xymonserver.cfg,
where there are some other similar settings.

> PINGCOLUMN="conn"               # Column where the ping-test reports results.
> INFOCOLUMN="info"               # Column where the info-pages are reported.
> TRENDSCOLUMN="trends"           # Column where the RRD graphs are reported.
> CLIENTCOLUMN="clientlog"        # Column where raw client logs are reported.

I'm not aware of any other columns generated server-side by default. I'm
pretty sure all other columns are going to be created by
client-generated messages.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Department of Administration