4.3.30 Proxy server updating to 4.3.21 main server

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Mon May 18 17:28:32 CEST 2020

Yesterday, I tried to swap in a new xymon proxy server running 4.3.30-1 from Terabithia on CentOS 7. It is a hybrid, with the proxy on 1984 and the server on 1985. The URL displayed as expected - with issues aligning with what the temporary IP address could and could not get to.

When I swapped in, the primary went purple on the things it can't get to but the proxy can  - mostly conn and ntp (i.e. noconn in the hosts.cfg file and ntp not in it, but that is reversed in the proxy).

Is there a compatibility issue with 4.3.30 updating 4.3.21?

My primary server is CentOS 6 and the xymon is custom built by me.   I've moved just about every server to use Terabithia, but not that one.   Layout is slightly different, so I'm hesitant to upgrade it right now.

Paul Root
Lead Operations Engineer    - IT Managed Services
390 Commerce Dr
Woodbury, Mn 55125
651-312-5207  paul.root at centurylink.com

This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the communication and any attachments.