[Xymon] Display xymon server modules on own line

Mark O. Stitson mark at stitson.com
Tue Jun 16 21:28:14 CEST 2020

I’m assuming that server1 and localhost are actually the same machine. But Xymon thinks they are different.

Somehow you need to convince Xymon that those both are server1, then you can have:

group-only bbd|xymond|xymongen|xymonnet Xymon Server

0.0.0.0 server1

group-except bbd|xymond|xymongen|xymonnet Servers

0.0.0.0   server1

0.0.0.0   server2

There are 2 ways in general to make this happen. Check server/etc/xymonserver.cfg and look for the line

XYMONSERVERHOSTNAME="localhost”

Try changing it to

XYMONSERVERHOSTNAME="server1”

The other option is to use the CLIENT: flag in hosts.cfg. Look for “CLIENT:hostname” in the hosts.cfg man page.

Mark