[Xymon] Can I have noconn but have a server side script that probes some other way?

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil2 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 22:07:29 CET 2020

...and preferably, reports its result in such a way as to end up in the conn column? If so, would I call the column in the script "conn", or something else?

Specifically, something like an Amazon Echo Dot, that's not pingable (but does respond to e.g. arping).

Right now, they're not on my miscellaneous devices page because they block pretty much all ports and don't respond to pings. Still, it does appear possible to detect if they're up, and if only for completeness, I'd like to...