[Xymon] Http monitoring

Torsten Richter bb4 at richter-it.net
Fri Apr 24 18:23:32 CEST 2020

Hi Jean,

normally a 301 (or 302) is not an error. But somehow Xymon treats it
like that.
If you have something in your Xymon servers hosts.cfg like

xx.yy.zz.aa	# http://this.domain.com

then Xymon will do an http check automatically.
What I did was to add the following to such a line

xx.yy.zz.aa	#httpstatus;http://this.domain.com;2..|301; <other checks here>

That way all 2xx messages and 301 will be treated as OK and not as an
error or warning.

In my case I have listeners on port 80 but everything gets
forwarded/rewritten to use https on 443.

Regards,
Torsten

On 24.04.2020 17:44, Hyppolite, Jean wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are getting this  error I inserted below. This http monitor in
question is for the xymon http service itself for our xymon server.
Where would xymon be picking up this configuration of http from.
Everything seems to be running and functioning properly. Could you
provide insight?

> HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
>

> Thanks
> Jean
>

> This e-mail and any accompanying attachments may be privileged,
confidential, contain protected health information about an identified
patient or be otherwise protected from disclosure. State and federal law
protect the confidentiality of this information. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient; you are prohibited from using,
disclosing, reproducing or distributing this information; you should
immediately notify the sender by telephone or e-mail and delete this e-mail.