[Xymon] makedeb.sh and xymon-client initscripts (and probably makerpm as well)

Plöger, Dennis Dennis.Ploeger at kps.com
Mon Apr 20 10:32:46 CEST 2020

Hi there!

I've set up a build pipeline to be able to build up-to-date Xymon packages for DEB- and RPM-based systems instantly.

Everything is working fine so far, but the init scripts for the xymon-client aren't added to the DEB-packages (and probably also to the RPM-packages; only tried deb so far).

It seems, that the deb package build is quite the mess, if I may say so ;-). It builds the server and client packages at the same time but the dh-scripts only recognize the server build (package name 'xymon') so dh_installinit -p'xymon-client' isn't working at all.

Maybe the package maintainers can share their script environments to the main project?

Thanks!

Kind regards
Dennis

Dennis Ploeger
Architect
T  +49 (231) 99764 - 965
M  +49 (231) 997 64 - 965
KPS AG, Am Kai 2-6, 44263 Dortmund, Germany

[www.kps.com]<https://www.kps.com>
Pflichtangaben/Mandatory Disclosure<https://kps.com/de/imprint.html>
[Our new Whitepaper "Search & Merch" - Download now!]<https://kps.com/global/en/searchandising.html?utm_source=signatur&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=mar20_search%26merch_en>