[Xymon] [External] Xymon configs

Hyppolite, Jean Jean.Hyppolite at umm.edu
Tue Apr 14 14:39:16 CEST 2020

Hello,

The answers to the questions you asked are below. Thank you for your response. Please let me know if you need any more information

Issue 2.  First we need to determine what sort of issue it is.  Server, Client, or Network.

- Does the Server successfully receive any other Client's data? It looks like clienlog, conn, info and trends data is received. Other columns don’t exist
- Are the Client systems remote or local on the Server's IP network? Local. But different subnets and Remote
- What OS are the new Client systems? CENTOS 6.9 and Ubuntu 16.04LTS
- How did you install the 'xymon-client' on the new Client systems? Using yum install -y xymon-client.x86_64 and apt-get install xymon-client
- When you installed the 'xymon-client' were you at a console, SSH'd in, or in a GUI? SSH

Thanks
Jean

CAUTION: This message originated from a non UMMS, SOM, or FPI email system. Hover over any links before clicking and use caution opening attachments.
Issue 1.  Credentials for Xymon Server's administrative web pages is controlled by the web server software that's running on your Xymon Server box.  I use Apache.  To accomplish your requirement you first need to configure your web server to look for .htaccess and .htpasswd files.  If those files exist then it requires a user/pass to be entered in order for the folder to be accessible.  Creating those files is easy, and defining the credentials is also easy if you just need to make it private for yourself with a single user/pass.  But if you want to do more than a few users you're gonna want to step up to a more dynamic method of controlling the credentials because it can quickly get out of hand.  The result is that you can make some content 'public' and some 'private' because the content lives in password protected folders on your server.

Email me privately and I can assist you if you want.

Issue 2.  First we need to determine what sort of issue it is.  Server, Client, or Network.

- Does the Server successfully receive any other Client's data?
- Are the Client systems remote or local on the Server's IP network?
- What OS are the new Client systems?
- How did you install the 'xymon-client' on the new Client systems?
- When you installed the 'xymon-client' were you at a console, SSH'd in, or in a GUI?

Your answers to these questions will point us to a resolution.

Thank You,

Systems Admin

I/O Network Administration

support at ionetworkadmin.com<mailto:support at ionetworkadmin.com>

https://www.ionetworkadmin.com
I looked in the Ghost Clients page and there's nothing there(empty). The hostname on the client and server match. Any idea what else may be happening?